Consumerization has changed that way that people interact every business. Simple tasks like calling a taxi have been replaced with more convenient options. New data suggests that patients demand the same patient experience from healthcare providers.
According to an NTT Data survey patients want a better digital experience, like using their favorite apps. Here’s what you need to know:
The majority agree.
- Seventy-eight percent of consumers say the healthcare digital customer experience needs improvement
- Fifty percent said they would leave their current physician for a better digital customer experience.
- Sixty-nine percent of respondents expect their health insurer to make it easier to navigate options.
Meet them where they are.
- Consumers want convenient digital patient experiences. Forty-two percent of respondents citing a lack of relevant options. In other words, they couldn’t find what they were looking for.
- Searching for a physician or specialist (81 percent). Changing/making an appointment (79%). Bills and paperwork (75%).
“While digital experience may have a moderate impact on overall healthcare decisions made today, it is changing at an increasing rate,” noted Alan Hughes of NTT DATA Services.
What is your practice doing to upgrade your digital patient experience?